Allsop in contract talks with Orient
Boss Slade is keen to keep the young keeper
Orient manager Russell Slade has offered goalkeeper Ryan Allsop a new contract following a string of fine performances.
The 20-year-old, who joined Orient in the summer on a six-month deal after being released by Millwall, has established himself as the club’s number one keeper.
O’s boss Slade said: “He is on a short-term deal at the minute and we have already put an offer to him and talks are on-going.
“It would be foolish of us not to keep him and foolish of him not to sign, because he is getting games and he is playing week-in and week-out at this moment in time and he couldn’t have dreamed about that four or five months ago.”
You may also want to watch:
Allsop initially joined as cover, while Lee Butcher continued his recovery from a knee injury.
But with Jamie Jones suffering a recurrence of a shoulder problem, Allsop has made the goalkeeper’s position his own.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
He saved Johnnie Jackson’s spot kick in a penalty shoot out victory over Charlton Athletic on his debut in the Capital One Cup and has started in all but three games so far this season.
The Birmingham-born stopper started his career at West Bromwich Albion and has been capped at under-17 level by England and has also played for Icelandic side H�ttur.