Alfreton test for Orient if they overcome Gloucester
Sunday’s FA Cup clash is washed out
Orient have been drawn away to Conference Premier side Alfreton in the second round of the FA Cup, if they can overcome Gloucester City.
Alfreton caused a surprise when they won 4-2 at Wrexham on Saturday, despite having two players sent off.
Orient’s game against the Conference North side was postponed earlier today because of a waterlogged pitch.
Referee Steve Rushton called the game off just before midday after heavy overnight rain left Cheltenham Town’s Whaddon Road pitch unplayable.
You may also want to watch:
Orient chief executive Matt Porter said: “The weather was awful and the referee had no choice.
“Parts of the pitch were completely unplayable,”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley