Alfreton test for Orient if they overcome Gloucester
Sunday’s FA Cup clash is washed out
Orient have been drawn away to Conference Premier side Alfreton in the second round of the FA Cup, if they can overcome Gloucester City.
Alfreton caused a surprise when they won 4-2 at Wrexham on Saturday, despite having two players sent off.
Orient’s game against the Conference North side was postponed earlier today because of a waterlogged pitch.
Referee Steve Rushton called the game off just before midday after heavy overnight rain left Cheltenham Town’s Whaddon Road pitch unplayable.
You may also want to watch:
Orient chief executive Matt Porter said: “The weather was awful and the referee had no choice.
“Parts of the pitch were completely unplayable,”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season