Actor Danny Dyer films crime thriller at Peacock boxing gym in Canning Town
- Credit: submitted
Actor Danny Dyer has returned to his roots for the filming of his latest movie.
Dyer, best known for starring in movies such as The Football Factory, The Business and Outlaw, could be seen in and around the famous Peacock Gym in Canning Town in the past three weeks as he was on set for Vendetta, described as a hard-hitting vigilante action thriller.
Some scenes were shot inside the famous boxing Gym in Caxton Street, which became a home away from home for the production team as they filmed in below-freezing temperatures during some arduous night-shoots.
Peacock co-owner Martin Bowers said: “The kids very excited about Danny Dyer being here. The production team came into some of the classes to speak to them so that was good of them. They were very professional while they were here, which I guess is what you would expect from a film crew.”
The movie it is set in a world where the only response to incomprehensible violence is an ‘eye for an eye’.
You may also want to watch:
The film is produced by Jonathan Sothcott and written and directed by Stephen Reynolds, both famous for Fall Of The Essex Boys.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 5 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 6 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas