AC/DC to become first band to perform at Olympic Stadium
- Credit: Empics Entertainment
Rock legends AC/DC will become the first band to perform at the Olympic Stadium next summer.
Visiting the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park as part of their European “Rock or Bust” tour on Saturday June 4, the concert will be the first major event in the stadium after the transformation works are finished.
The summer will also see Usain Bolt competing in the Anniversary Games for the second year in a row before West Ham United play the first match in their new home.
Linda Lennon CBE, chief executive of the stadium, said: “Having the legends of rock, AC/DC, perform the first major concert in this world-class venue will be a spectacular way for the stadium to start its new life.
“This summer has already demonstrated what a great venue the stadium will be and next summer it will only go from strength to strength.”
You may also want to watch:
This concert follows a spectacular series of events this year, with 500,000 spectators enjoying the Great Newham Run, Anniversary Games, Rugby World Cup 2015, international Rugby League and Race of Champions.
In 2017, the stadium will host the IAAF World Athletics Championships and IPC Athletics World Championships – the first time these prestigious global events have been staged in the same venue in the same year.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
Tickets for the concert go on sale Friday at 9.30am and will be available at gigsandtours.com and ticketmaster.co.uk.
Visit acdc.com for more information.