A13 lorry crash causing delays back to Beckton
- Credit: Archant
Traffic remains slow on the A13 following a crash involving a tipper truck and a lorry on the eastbound carriageway this morning.
Crews from the London Fire Brigade, police and London Ambulance Service were called to the junction between Alfred’s Way and Movers Lane just after 11.30am.
A helicopter from the London Air Ambulance landed on the road just east of Movers Lane.
Firefighters cut one of the drivers from the cab of the articulated lorry before he was rushed to the Royal London Hospital, but his injuries were described as “not life-threatening”.
Diesel and oil leaked across all three lanes and the clear-up operation continues.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic remains heavy and slow on approach, with tailbacks to Aspen Way, Poplar. Southbound traffic on the A406 North Circular Road is also slow, with tailbacks to the Redbridge Flyover.
There are also delays on the A124 Barking Road eastbound from Canning Town to Barking and the A1020 Royal Docks Road between London City Airport and Beckton Roundabout.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
All diversion routes are heavily congested and motorists should expect long delays.
Station manager John Barker, who was at the scene said: “Firefighters worked hard to free the man has quickly and as safely at possible in what was a complicated extraction.
“The eastbound carriage way is likely to be shut for some time and we’d ask members of the public to avoid the area if possible.”
Buses are being diverted.
Firefighters from Dagenham, Barking and East Ham fire stations attended the scene earlier.