A13 closed after fatal footbridge plunge
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are advised to avoid the A13 westbound as the road is shut while police investigate a fatal collision.
Ambulance crews pronounced a man dead at the scene, close to the Gooseley Lane footbridge in East Ham, shortly before 6am this morning.
According to officers, a man fell from the footbridge onto the carriageway where he was subsequently in collision with a lorry.
London Ambulance Service, the Air Ambulance and London Fire Brigade all attended after getting the call at 5.15am.
Enquiries in to the circumstances of the incident are being carried out and motorists have been advised to use alternative routes.
You may also want to watch:
The A13 eastbound remains open. Bus routes in the area are also subject to severe delays.
Did you see what happened? Contact Freddy by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 477 3816.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 8 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford