A13 closed after fatal footbridge plunge
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are advised to avoid the A13 westbound as the road is shut while police investigate a fatal collision.
Ambulance crews pronounced a man dead at the scene, close to the Gooseley Lane footbridge in East Ham, shortly before 6am this morning.
According to officers, a man fell from the footbridge onto the carriageway where he was subsequently in collision with a lorry.
London Ambulance Service, the Air Ambulance and London Fire Brigade all attended after getting the call at 5.15am.
Enquiries in to the circumstances of the incident are being carried out and motorists have been advised to use alternative routes.
You may also want to watch:
The A13 eastbound remains open. Bus routes in the area are also subject to severe delays.
Did you see what happened? Contact Freddy by email email@example.com or call 0208 477 3816.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim