A13 eastbound closed due to ‘items lost on the carriageway’
- Credit: Archant
The eastbound stretch of the A13 has been closed due to an ongoing police investigation.
The route is closed from East India Dock Tunnel with Newham Way affected, according to TfL.
TfL reports the A13 has now reopened westbound, however, the eastbound section remains closed from East India Dock Tunnel due to an ongoing police investigation.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Police were called at 10.14am to the eastbound carriageway close to Prince Regent Lane to reports of items lost on the carriageway.
“The A13 is currently closed in eastbound from New Barn Street to Prince Regent Lane while the property is recovered.”
You may also want to watch:
A traffic diversion is in place from New Barn Street. If travelling in that direction plan ahead to avoid traffic.
Drivers are also advised to seek another route.
- 1 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 6 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 7 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 10 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate