A-levels: Students score record A* grades at Forest Gate joint sixth form college
- Credit: Jennifer Wilkinson
Students at one Newham sixth form college have notched up the largest number of A* grades in its history.
The pupils at Angela’s & St Bonaventure’s joint sixth form scored a 99 per cent pass rate in their A-level results.
Some 42 per cent of the 350 pupils acheived A* to B with 74pc getting A* to C.
“We’re extremely proud of the work they’ve put in,” headteacher Mark Johnson said. “These are the best A-level results in the history of the joint sixth form which has been running 20 years. It’s great.”
The students have been flooding into the school in St George Road since 7.30am eager to get their results, many hoping for good grades to take them through to university.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?