A-levels: AS level joy for Chobham Academy students
- Credit: Archant
Students at Chobham Academy were jumping for joy after achieving a 99 per cent pass rate in their AS Levels.
The year 12 students have set the bar high as the first group to set the exams at the Stratford school.
Success stories include Praise Opara who received the string of top grades that she needed to land a summer placement at Cambridge University.
Lisa Kattenhorn, acting principal, said students had done “incredibly well” - while some teachers were reduced to tears by the fantastic results.
“We have all worked so hard and been very conscious that as an academy we need to provide a really good grounding as the students have come here and taken a leap of faith,” she said. “We are really pleased and proud of them.
You may also want to watch:
“There are some very good grades and students that have a full set of As across the board who can now work towards a place at a top university.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week