A-level results: Quarter of all Bishop Challoner grades A or A*
- Credit: @challonersixth
Pupils at Bishop Challoner are celebrating after almost a quarter of all grades were A or A*.
Among the success stories at the Commercial Road school are Emily Mac and Callum Thomas, who both received two A*s and one A.
Callum, who will be heading to Bath to study psychology, said: “I owe a great debt of gratitude to the teachers at Bishop Challoner. Their unrelenting focus on ensuring that students get the best of opportunities and teaching is a testament to the continual strong leadership of the school.
“Particular thanks go to Mr Barnsdale and Ms Carrier for their tireless efforts in the UCAS application process.”
Meanwhile Nair Ismael, who has studied at Bishop Challoner since Year 7, achieved an A and three Bs and will be taking up a full time scholarship to Princeton University, New Jersey.
You may also want to watch:
Executive headteacher Niamh Arnull said she was “thrilled to bits with the results our students have achieved, which have enabled them to successfully begin university courses or their chosen pathways.”
She added: “Huge congratulations to our students and many thanks to the staff who have supported them so effectively.”
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford