A hundred people took part in Cody Dock garden party in Canning Town
Around 100 people took part in a garden party at Cody Docks in Canning Town to celebrate the achievements of Games-inspired community projects.
The event (on Sep 27) featured live music, skills workshops, games and exhibitions.
Awards were also handed out recognising contributions of residents to two Games inspired programmes called Transform and Sports v Stripes.
Transform has enabled Groundwork London, who organised the party, to support community groups to change rundown green areas into community spaces.
Sports v Stripes saw Groundwork organising over 230 events, engaging over 2,700 people in a range of sports games and activities.
You may also want to watch:
The Gasworks Dock Partnership charity has mounted a high-profile campaign to try to transform Cody Docks into a bustling creative quarter.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross