A hundred people took part in Cody Dock garden party in Canning Town
Around 100 people took part in a garden party at Cody Docks in Canning Town to celebrate the achievements of Games-inspired community projects.
The event (on Sep 27) featured live music, skills workshops, games and exhibitions.
Awards were also handed out recognising contributions of residents to two Games inspired programmes called Transform and Sports v Stripes.
Transform has enabled Groundwork London, who organised the party, to support community groups to change rundown green areas into community spaces.
Sports v Stripes saw Groundwork organising over 230 events, engaging over 2,700 people in a range of sports games and activities.
You may also want to watch:
The Gasworks Dock Partnership charity has mounted a high-profile campaign to try to transform Cody Docks into a bustling creative quarter.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result