A hundred people took part in Cody Dock garden party in Canning Town
Around 100 people took part in a garden party at Cody Docks in Canning Town to celebrate the achievements of Games-inspired community projects.
The event (on Sep 27) featured live music, skills workshops, games and exhibitions.
Awards were also handed out recognising contributions of residents to two Games inspired programmes called Transform and Sports v Stripes.
Transform has enabled Groundwork London, who organised the party, to support community groups to change rundown green areas into community spaces.
Sports v Stripes saw Groundwork organising over 230 events, engaging over 2,700 people in a range of sports games and activities.
You may also want to watch:
The Gasworks Dock Partnership charity has mounted a high-profile campaign to try to transform Cody Docks into a bustling creative quarter.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 5 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham