750 jobs at �35m Stratford City top store
RETAIL giants John Lewis marked a major milestone in the completion of Westfield Stratford City by moving into their �35 million flagship store.
As an anchor tenant of the �1.5 billion development, the firm will create 750 local jobs at the giant outlet.
John Lewis Retail Dvelopment Manager Samantha Rowntree, said: “The handover is a hugely significant milestone as we look forward to opening next year.
“Our ambition is for John Lewis Stratford to become the cornerstone of wider regeneration in Stratford and Newham and deliver a long-term sustainable legacy.”
The four-storey building, pictured, designed by award-winning architect Crispin Wride, features a distinctive glazed prow. The store will also house two restaurants and provide views of Westfield Stratford City mall, the Olympic Park and City skyline.
You may also want to watch:
Westfield Stratford City, due to open next September, is rapidly taking shape with three-quarters of its store and restaurant space now let.
M&S, Waitrose, Next, Wagamama, Nandos and TGI Friday are among the leading retailers and restaurant chains to have signed up
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
The 1.9million sq ft centre also includes a 14-screen Vue cinema and hotels.
Michael Gutman, managing director of Westfield UK & Europe, said: “Everything we have learned at Westfield London is being applied to Stratford and we are confident the consumer will be equally delighted with the end product and the experience and the buzz we will create.”