750 jobs at �35m Stratford City top store
RETAIL giants John Lewis marked a major milestone in the completion of Westfield Stratford City by moving into their �35 million flagship store.
As an anchor tenant of the �1.5 billion development, the firm will create 750 local jobs at the giant outlet.
John Lewis Retail Dvelopment Manager Samantha Rowntree, said: “The handover is a hugely significant milestone as we look forward to opening next year.
“Our ambition is for John Lewis Stratford to become the cornerstone of wider regeneration in Stratford and Newham and deliver a long-term sustainable legacy.”
The four-storey building, pictured, designed by award-winning architect Crispin Wride, features a distinctive glazed prow. The store will also house two restaurants and provide views of Westfield Stratford City mall, the Olympic Park and City skyline.
You may also want to watch:
Westfield Stratford City, due to open next September, is rapidly taking shape with three-quarters of its store and restaurant space now let.
M&S, Waitrose, Next, Wagamama, Nandos and TGI Friday are among the leading retailers and restaurant chains to have signed up
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
The 1.9million sq ft centre also includes a 14-screen Vue cinema and hotels.
Michael Gutman, managing director of Westfield UK & Europe, said: “Everything we have learned at Westfield London is being applied to Stratford and we are confident the consumer will be equally delighted with the end product and the experience and the buzz we will create.”