75 evacuated from tower block in Stratford gas scare
AROUND 75 people were evacuated from a Stratford tower block after a serious gas leak.
Firefighters were called to Dennison Point, in Gibbins Road, just after 3pm yesterday.
Workmen were replacing the riser equipment in the 22-storey ex-council block when gas began leaking out in two empty flats.
Residents were ordered from the homes as a precaution and looked after by Newham Council until they could return.
The leak was made safe by fire crews and gas engineers and they were allowed to go back that evening.