�40,000 raised by Beckton vet for assistance dogs
Beckton vet Felix Lai got on his bike to help raise �40,000 for a charity close to his heart.
Cycling 958 miles from Lands End to John O’Groats, it took Felix 12 days as part of a team of 15 to raise the cash for Dogs for the Disabled and they are hoping to collect more.
Felix, who started the challenge on May 1 and finished on May 12, works as a vet in Companion Care Vets in the Gateway Retail Park in Claps Gate Lane.
Felix said: “Dogs for the Disabled is an amazing charity that really does transform lives and I would like to thank each and every person who has so generously sponsored me and the other members of our team - it really will make a huge difference to those individuals who rely on specially trained assistance dogs - thank you!”
Peter Gorbing, executive at the charity, said: “We are extremely grateful for the fundraising efforts of all the Companion Care staff involved.
You may also want to watch:
“It costs over �19,000 to train, create, and support a Dogs for the Disabled partnership throughout its lifetime.
“The funds raised will truly transform the life of someone living with disability; providing them with confidence and independence that will open doors to fresh opportunities.”
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 7 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town
Visit the Companion Care Vets Facebook page to find out more and donate at www.justgiving.com/team/ccvets.