�40,000 raised by Beckton vet for assistance dogs
Beckton vet Felix Lai got on his bike to help raise �40,000 for a charity close to his heart.
Cycling 958 miles from Lands End to John O’Groats, it took Felix 12 days as part of a team of 15 to raise the cash for Dogs for the Disabled and they are hoping to collect more.
Felix, who started the challenge on May 1 and finished on May 12, works as a vet in Companion Care Vets in the Gateway Retail Park in Claps Gate Lane.
Felix said: “Dogs for the Disabled is an amazing charity that really does transform lives and I would like to thank each and every person who has so generously sponsored me and the other members of our team - it really will make a huge difference to those individuals who rely on specially trained assistance dogs - thank you!”
Peter Gorbing, executive at the charity, said: “We are extremely grateful for the fundraising efforts of all the Companion Care staff involved.
“It costs over �19,000 to train, create, and support a Dogs for the Disabled partnership throughout its lifetime.
“The funds raised will truly transform the life of someone living with disability; providing them with confidence and independence that will open doors to fresh opportunities.”
- 1 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 4 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
Visit the Companion Care Vets Facebook page to find out more and donate at www.justgiving.com/team/ccvets.