�40,000 raised by Beckton vet for assistance dogs
Beckton vet Felix Lai got on his bike to help raise �40,000 for a charity close to his heart.
Cycling 958 miles from Lands End to John O’Groats, it took Felix 12 days as part of a team of 15 to raise the cash for Dogs for the Disabled and they are hoping to collect more.
Felix, who started the challenge on May 1 and finished on May 12, works as a vet in Companion Care Vets in the Gateway Retail Park in Claps Gate Lane.
Felix said: “Dogs for the Disabled is an amazing charity that really does transform lives and I would like to thank each and every person who has so generously sponsored me and the other members of our team - it really will make a huge difference to those individuals who rely on specially trained assistance dogs - thank you!”
Peter Gorbing, executive at the charity, said: “We are extremely grateful for the fundraising efforts of all the Companion Care staff involved.
You may also want to watch:
“It costs over �19,000 to train, create, and support a Dogs for the Disabled partnership throughout its lifetime.
“The funds raised will truly transform the life of someone living with disability; providing them with confidence and independence that will open doors to fresh opportunities.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
Visit the Companion Care Vets Facebook page to find out more and donate at www.justgiving.com/team/ccvets.