Beckton, Parry Avenue stabbing – Teen taken to hospital

 <i>(Image: NQ)</i>
(Image: NQ)
This article is brought to you by our exclusive subscriber partnership with our sister title USA Today, and has been written by our American colleagues. It does not necessarily reflect the view of The Herald.

A teenager has been taken to hospital following a stabbing in Beckton.

Emergency services were called to reports of an assault and robbery involving three men on Parry Avenue at around 5pm on Wednesday, May 13.

An 18-year-old was taken to hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.

He has since been discharged.

A 17-year-old boy was later arrested in the Barking area on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.

He remains in police custody.

An investigation is ongoing, and anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 5667/13MAY, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: “Police were called at around 17:00hrs on Wednesday, 13 May to reports that a man had been assaulted and robbed by three men on Parry Avenue, E6.

“Officers attended with the London Ambulance Service and an 18-year-old man was taken to hospital with stab injuries.

“His condition was not life-threatening or life-changing and he has since been discharged from hospital.  

“A 17-year-old boy was later arrested in the Barking area on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.

“He remains in police custody.

 “An investigation continues and anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 5667/13MAY or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 5.03pm on Wednesday 13 May to reports of a stabbing at the junction of Parry Avenue and Savage Gardens, E6.

“We sent an ambulance crew to the scene and treated a patient before taking them to a local hospital.”

Get involved
with the news

Send your news & photos