2012 ticket mart opens today to give hope for those that missed out
An online market for the re-sale of unwanted Olympic tickets is opened by Games chiefs at 9am this morning (Friday), giving chances for those who missed out in the original ballots.
But for sports fans you will have to be quick. Organisers Locog will only keep their site available until February 3. Tickets can only be sold at face value and the sellers will have to take responsibility to see their tickets don’t get inmto the hands of touts.
A million games tickets held as a contingency go on sale in April.
Meanwhile the Metropolitan Police has reminded the public that anyone looking to buy Olympics or Paralympics tickets should only use the official London 2012 website.
This they say is the safest way for those people who have purchased tickets, but can no longer use them, to sell them on to other Games fans.
All in formation can be found at www.tickets.london2012.com.
A police statement said: “Please don’t be tempted to go elsewhere. You risk being ripped off, not getting the ticket you wanted and paid for, and even having your personal details stolen and used in other crimes.”
- 1 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or approved in Newham
- 6 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 7 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
- 8 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 9 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 10 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
For full crime prevention advice on safe ways to buy your ticket for the London 2012 Games, visit the MPS Operation Podium website at http://content.met.police.uk/Site/visitorolympics