2012 ticket mart opens today to give hope for those that missed out
An online market for the re-sale of unwanted Olympic tickets is opened by Games chiefs at 9am this morning (Friday), giving chances for those who missed out in the original ballots.
But for sports fans you will have to be quick. Organisers Locog will only keep their site available until February 3. Tickets can only be sold at face value and the sellers will have to take responsibility to see their tickets don’t get inmto the hands of touts.
A million games tickets held as a contingency go on sale in April.
Meanwhile the Metropolitan Police has reminded the public that anyone looking to buy Olympics or Paralympics tickets should only use the official London 2012 website.
This they say is the safest way for those people who have purchased tickets, but can no longer use them, to sell them on to other Games fans.
You may also want to watch:
All in formation can be found at www.tickets.london2012.com.
A police statement said: “Please don’t be tempted to go elsewhere. You risk being ripped off, not getting the ticket you wanted and paid for, and even having your personal details stolen and used in other crimes.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
For full crime prevention advice on safe ways to buy your ticket for the London 2012 Games, visit the MPS Operation Podium website at http://content.met.police.uk/Site/visitorolympics