2012 ticket mart opens today to give hope for those that missed out
An online market for the re-sale of unwanted Olympic tickets is opened by Games chiefs at 9am this morning (Friday), giving chances for those who missed out in the original ballots.
But for sports fans you will have to be quick. Organisers Locog will only keep their site available until February 3. Tickets can only be sold at face value and the sellers will have to take responsibility to see their tickets don’t get inmto the hands of touts.
A million games tickets held as a contingency go on sale in April.
Meanwhile the Metropolitan Police has reminded the public that anyone looking to buy Olympics or Paralympics tickets should only use the official London 2012 website.
This they say is the safest way for those people who have purchased tickets, but can no longer use them, to sell them on to other Games fans.
You may also want to watch:
All in formation can be found at www.tickets.london2012.com.
A police statement said: “Please don’t be tempted to go elsewhere. You risk being ripped off, not getting the ticket you wanted and paid for, and even having your personal details stolen and used in other crimes.”
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
For full crime prevention advice on safe ways to buy your ticket for the London 2012 Games, visit the MPS Operation Podium website at http://content.met.police.uk/Site/visitorolympics