15 evacuated from Canning Town house blaze
Fifteen people were evacuated from a burning house in Canning Town last night.
The property, in Barking Road, was badly damaged in the blaze.
Crews from Plaistow fire station were called to the scene at 9.15pm and spent around two hours tackling the flames.
The occupants of the property - which is divided into several separate unit - had left before they arrived.
One woman was treated for mild smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters said the smoke alarms were not suitable and installed four new units.
Watch Manager Bob Green said: “Incidents like this demonstrate the importance of having suitable smoke alarms fitted.”
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
The cause of the fire is under investigation.