�1.4million scanner boosts health for Newham residents
Patients at Newham Hospital can now look forward to better and quicker diagnosis after a new �1.4 million tate-of-the-art CT scanner was installed.
East Ham MP Stephen Timms and Marie Gabriel, Chair of NHS East London and the City joined staff at Newham University Hospital recently to mark the occasion.
The new CT scanner will enhance patient safety and improve the patient experience. It will reduce exposure to radiation, it will reduce scan times, allowing the whole body to be captured in just four seconds and it will be the only scanner in east London to offer bariatric imaging for patients weighing up to 300kg.
Stephen Timms, said: “I welcome this investment in improving facilities for Newham residents, who now have access to one of the best CT scanners in the NHS in London. I look forward to continued investment into local healthcare over the coming years as our local general hospital plays its part alongside the Royal London Hospital and other its merger partners in the new Bart’s Health NHS Trust.”
Marie Gabriel, Chair NHS ELC, said: “This new investment means that our local residents rightly have access to top of the range image technology. This new CT scanner is already improving quality of healthcare in Newham, securing more efficient diagnosis through clearer images and improved patient experience with a reduced scan time.”
You may also want to watch:
Kai Lee Tan, Clinical Director and Consultant Radiologist, said: “The new scanner places diagnostic services at Newham among the best in the NHS. The scanner offers patient friendly CT imaging providing excellent diagnostic image quality, while reducing the discomfort for patients. For example we can now capture clear images in seconds allowing improved diagnostics even for patients who were traditionally difficult to scan such as those who cannot hold their breath. We’re very pleased that our new scanner will improve our patient’s experience as well as reduce the number of patients sent elsewhere.”
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week