West Ham Park named best in London
West Ham Park is the best in London, according to the judges of London in Bloom, who awarded it the prestigious title Park of the Year.
The judges went on a tour of the park in Upton Lane where they visited the ornamental gardens, new meadow and wildlife education garden.
The park’s emvironmental repsponsibility and community participation was also examined during the tour it scored high in every category.
It was awarded with a Gold award and title Park of the Year during the London in Bloom awards held at City Hall.
Geraldine King, park manager at West Ham Park, said: “My sincere apprecition goes to everyone who contributed to this Award.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a credit to those involved and reflection of the dedication and effort shown throughout the year.”
West Ham Park is the largest park in Newham at 77 acres and it has been managed by the City of London since 1874.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 4 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
Alderman Bob Hall, chairman of the City of London’s Open Spaces, City Gardens and West Ham Park Committee said: “Our open spaces, and in particular, West Ham Park and City Gardens have achieved brilliant results, which is a tribute to the hard work and dedication of our tema of park rangers and gardeners.
“I would like to congratulate them for impressing the London in Bloom panel judges - it’s a job well done.”