Twilight stars come out at Westfield Stratford City to meet their Twihard fans
Stars of Twilight came out in Stratford last night to meet their thousands of British Twihards, as fans of the vampire love saga call themselves.
Many of the teenage girls had been camped out on a very cold day since 6am, prepared to wait the 11 hours before their film heroes trod the red carpet at The Vue for Westfield Stratford City’s first premiere screening.
The screams were mainly aimed at heartthrob Robert Pattinson who plays Edward, the ‘Veggie’ vampire - only drinks animal blood - who was all smiles and charm as he signed autographs for his adoring throng.
Glamour was brought by Kristen Stewart (Bella), his love interest on film and in real-life. The shy star changed her designer high heels for more comfortable trainers when she joined the crowds.
The latest instalment in the Twilight franchise - Breaking Dawn-Part 1 - sees the couple marry and a little vamp on the way.
You may also want to watch:
There’s even a sex scene. But being 12A-rated it was not as raunchy as R-Patz is reported to have preferred.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing