Twilight stars come out at Westfield Stratford City to meet their Twihard fans
Stars of Twilight came out in Stratford last night to meet their thousands of British Twihards, as fans of the vampire love saga call themselves.
Many of the teenage girls had been camped out on a very cold day since 6am, prepared to wait the 11 hours before their film heroes trod the red carpet at The Vue for Westfield Stratford City’s first premiere screening.
The screams were mainly aimed at heartthrob Robert Pattinson who plays Edward, the ‘Veggie’ vampire - only drinks animal blood - who was all smiles and charm as he signed autographs for his adoring throng.
Glamour was brought by Kristen Stewart (Bella), his love interest on film and in real-life. The shy star changed her designer high heels for more comfortable trainers when she joined the crowds.
The latest instalment in the Twilight franchise - Breaking Dawn-Part 1 - sees the couple marry and a little vamp on the way.
You may also want to watch:
There’s even a sex scene. But being 12A-rated it was not as raunchy as R-Patz is reported to have preferred.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year