Twilight stars come out at Westfield Stratford City to meet their Twihard fans
Stars of Twilight came out in Stratford last night to meet their thousands of British Twihards, as fans of the vampire love saga call themselves.
Many of the teenage girls had been camped out on a very cold day since 6am, prepared to wait the 11 hours before their film heroes trod the red carpet at The Vue for Westfield Stratford City’s first premiere screening.
The screams were mainly aimed at heartthrob Robert Pattinson who plays Edward, the ‘Veggie’ vampire - only drinks animal blood - who was all smiles and charm as he signed autographs for his adoring throng.
Glamour was brought by Kristen Stewart (Bella), his love interest on film and in real-life. The shy star changed her designer high heels for more comfortable trainers when she joined the crowds.
The latest instalment in the Twilight franchise - Breaking Dawn-Part 1 - sees the couple marry and a little vamp on the way.
You may also want to watch:
There’s even a sex scene. But being 12A-rated it was not as raunchy as R-Patz is reported to have preferred.
- 1 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 7 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 8 Newham Council is making a difference
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Council accused of lacking empathy over Upton Centre homes plan