Steward’s quest to return photos left at Upton Park to owner
- Credit: Archant
A former West Ham United chief steward is hoping to return pictures found at the Boleyn Ground to their owner before the ground is demolished.
Jackie Lange, who is currently playing an extra in the Final Score filming at the ground, discovered the pictures on a board alongside writing and flowers in the Upton Park press box, in the upper west corner of the stadium.
The images have the name Anthony Jeeves on them, and Jackie, 40, wants to trace his family and see if they want them returned before filming ends and the ground is knocked down to make way for homes.
But time is running out.
“This is the last day of filming,” Jackie said.
“If we don’t finish tonight we might need to do another day, but I don’t think us public will be able to get into the ground once the filming is done.
“We need to find the family before 5am, when we finish filming.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Moyes angered by late West Ham defeat at Old Trafford
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 5 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
“We can get it unscrewed and back to the family because otherwise it’s going to be knocked down with the ground.”
If you know who the pictures may belong to please contact Jackie on 07717 542503.