Steward’s quest to return photos left at Upton Park to owner
- Credit: Archant
A former West Ham United chief steward is hoping to return pictures found at the Boleyn Ground to their owner before the ground is demolished.
Jackie Lange, who is currently playing an extra in the Final Score filming at the ground, discovered the pictures on a board alongside writing and flowers in the Upton Park press box, in the upper west corner of the stadium.
The images have the name Anthony Jeeves on them, and Jackie, 40, wants to trace his family and see if they want them returned before filming ends and the ground is knocked down to make way for homes.
But time is running out.
“This is the last day of filming,” Jackie said.
You may also want to watch:
“If we don’t finish tonight we might need to do another day, but I don’t think us public will be able to get into the ground once the filming is done.
“We need to find the family before 5am, when we finish filming.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
“We can get it unscrewed and back to the family because otherwise it’s going to be knocked down with the ground.”
If you know who the pictures may belong to please contact Jackie on 07717 542503.