Steward’s quest to return photos left at Upton Park to owner
- Credit: Archant
A former West Ham United chief steward is hoping to return pictures found at the Boleyn Ground to their owner before the ground is demolished.
Jackie Lange, who is currently playing an extra in the Final Score filming at the ground, discovered the pictures on a board alongside writing and flowers in the Upton Park press box, in the upper west corner of the stadium.
The images have the name Anthony Jeeves on them, and Jackie, 40, wants to trace his family and see if they want them returned before filming ends and the ground is knocked down to make way for homes.
But time is running out.
“This is the last day of filming,” Jackie said.
“If we don’t finish tonight we might need to do another day, but I don’t think us public will be able to get into the ground once the filming is done.
“We need to find the family before 5am, when we finish filming.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 6 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 7 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 8 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 9 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 10 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
“We can get it unscrewed and back to the family because otherwise it’s going to be knocked down with the ground.”
If you know who the pictures may belong to please contact Jackie on 07717 542503.