Steward’s quest to return photos left at Upton Park to owner
- Credit: Archant
A former West Ham United chief steward is hoping to return pictures found at the Boleyn Ground to their owner before the ground is demolished.
Jackie Lange, who is currently playing an extra in the Final Score filming at the ground, discovered the pictures on a board alongside writing and flowers in the Upton Park press box, in the upper west corner of the stadium.
The images have the name Anthony Jeeves on them, and Jackie, 40, wants to trace his family and see if they want them returned before filming ends and the ground is knocked down to make way for homes.
But time is running out.
“This is the last day of filming,” Jackie said.
You may also want to watch:
“If we don’t finish tonight we might need to do another day, but I don’t think us public will be able to get into the ground once the filming is done.
“We need to find the family before 5am, when we finish filming.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
“We can get it unscrewed and back to the family because otherwise it’s going to be knocked down with the ground.”
If you know who the pictures may belong to please contact Jackie on 07717 542503.