Remembrance Day 2013
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to attend Remembrance Day services across Newham this morning to remember those who have died in conflict.
The main service will be at, East Ham Cenotaph, Central Park, High Street South, which starts with a procession from Newham Town Hall.
Click on the Remembrance Day panel on the home page for more features about Remembrance Day in the borough, as well as video, galleries and a five-minute guide to tracing your First World War relatives.
The Newham Recorder will have reporters and photographers at services across the borough but we need your pictures too. The best ones will feature on our websites and in our print editions.
Please email your photos to email@example.com.
Check back later for coverage of today’s events.
Where the services will take place:
- 1 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 2 Three in custody over knifepoint robbery in East Ham after foot chase
- 3 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 4 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 5 Burrard Road stabbing: Plea date set for Custom House murder accused
- 6 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 8 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 9 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 10 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
East Ham Cenotaph, Central Park, High Street South - ceremony takes place at 10.55am.
Procession leaves from Newham Town Hall at 10.30am. Members of the Royal British Legion will also parade from High Street South.
All Saints West Ham Parish Church, Church Street, is holding a service at 10.30am.
St Mark’s Memorial, Factory Road, in the grounds of Brick Lane Music Hall, North Woolwich - service at 10.30am with a ceremony to follow at 10.55am.
Members of the Royal British Legion parade from their branch headquarters in Constance Street to Factory Road, departing at 10.20am.
St Luke’s Memorial in Tarling Road, Canning Town - service at 10.30am with ceremony at 10.55am.