Remembrance Day 2013
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to attend Remembrance Day services across Newham this morning to remember those who have died in conflict.
The main service will be at, East Ham Cenotaph, Central Park, High Street South, which starts with a procession from Newham Town Hall.
Click on the Remembrance Day panel on the home page for more features about Remembrance Day in the borough, as well as video, galleries and a five-minute guide to tracing your First World War relatives.
The Newham Recorder will have reporters and photographers at services across the borough but we need your pictures too. The best ones will feature on our websites and in our print editions.
Please email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Check back later for coverage of today’s events.
Where the services will take place:
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
East Ham Cenotaph, Central Park, High Street South - ceremony takes place at 10.55am.
Procession leaves from Newham Town Hall at 10.30am. Members of the Royal British Legion will also parade from High Street South.
All Saints West Ham Parish Church, Church Street, is holding a service at 10.30am.
St Mark’s Memorial, Factory Road, in the grounds of Brick Lane Music Hall, North Woolwich - service at 10.30am with a ceremony to follow at 10.55am.
Members of the Royal British Legion parade from their branch headquarters in Constance Street to Factory Road, departing at 10.20am.
St Luke’s Memorial in Tarling Road, Canning Town - service at 10.30am with ceremony at 10.55am.