Remembrance Day 2013
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to attend Remembrance Day services across Newham this morning to remember those who have died in conflict.
The main service will be at, East Ham Cenotaph, Central Park, High Street South, which starts with a procession from Newham Town Hall.
Click on the Remembrance Day panel on the home page for more features about Remembrance Day in the borough, as well as video, galleries and a five-minute guide to tracing your First World War relatives.
The Newham Recorder will have reporters and photographers at services across the borough but we need your pictures too. The best ones will feature on our websites and in our print editions.
Please email your photos to email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Check back later for coverage of today’s events.
Where the services will take place:
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
East Ham Cenotaph, Central Park, High Street South - ceremony takes place at 10.55am.
Procession leaves from Newham Town Hall at 10.30am. Members of the Royal British Legion will also parade from High Street South.
All Saints West Ham Parish Church, Church Street, is holding a service at 10.30am.
St Mark’s Memorial, Factory Road, in the grounds of Brick Lane Music Hall, North Woolwich - service at 10.30am with a ceremony to follow at 10.55am.
Members of the Royal British Legion parade from their branch headquarters in Constance Street to Factory Road, departing at 10.20am.
St Luke’s Memorial in Tarling Road, Canning Town - service at 10.30am with ceremony at 10.55am.