Remembrance Day 2013
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to attend Remembrance Day services across Newham this morning to remember those who have died in conflict.
The main service will be at, East Ham Cenotaph, Central Park, High Street South, which starts with a procession from Newham Town Hall.
Click on the Remembrance Day panel on the home page for more features about Remembrance Day in the borough, as well as video, galleries and a five-minute guide to tracing your First World War relatives.
The Newham Recorder will have reporters and photographers at services across the borough but we need your pictures too. The best ones will feature on our websites and in our print editions.
Please email your photos to email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Check back later for coverage of today’s events.
Where the services will take place:
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
East Ham Cenotaph, Central Park, High Street South - ceremony takes place at 10.55am.
Procession leaves from Newham Town Hall at 10.30am. Members of the Royal British Legion will also parade from High Street South.
All Saints West Ham Parish Church, Church Street, is holding a service at 10.30am.
St Mark’s Memorial, Factory Road, in the grounds of Brick Lane Music Hall, North Woolwich - service at 10.30am with a ceremony to follow at 10.55am.
Members of the Royal British Legion parade from their branch headquarters in Constance Street to Factory Road, departing at 10.20am.
St Luke’s Memorial in Tarling Road, Canning Town - service at 10.30am with ceremony at 10.55am.