Plaistow’s Kiran is London Ambassador
Kiran Kaur has more reasons than most people to look forward to the Olympics as she will be a London Ambassador.
She has been selected as a London Ambassador and will be representing the city during the Olympic and Paralympic Games, welcoming visitors from all over the world.
Kiran, 20, from Plaistow, will be based in Stratford and her tasks will include providing information about the events and also what the easiest routes around will be.
She told the Recorder: “I applied for the London Ambassador role because I am passionate about where I am from so I asked myself, why not give something back to my community?
This is a huge opportunity for me as I will be gaining so many memorable experiences - it’s not everyday you can say you have been the face of both your borough and your city. There are many negative stereotypes about my borough and I want to be one of many who are working hard to prove that quick judgements should not be made. Newham is diverse and full of opportunities. I would urge others from Newham to grab this opportunity with both hands.”
You may also want to watch:
Kiran applied to become a London Ambassador and was selected to attend an activity day which also included an interview. She was successful and is now attending training days.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash