On your marks: London Olympic schedule released
The London Olympic schedule is today released, revealing where our top sportsmen and women hope to win medals in the ‘Greatest Show on Earth’.
Though the spectacular opening ceremony at Stratford Olympic Stadium on July 27 kicks off the 19-day Games, the football tournament starts a few days earlier.
In all 26 sports will be contested over the Summer of 2011 and among the first will be the boxing and table tennis at ExCeL in the Royal Docks. The venue will also host fencing, judo and weightlifting among others.
around 8.8 million tickets will be available for the Olympics and a further two million for the Paralympics.
Applications for Olympic Games tickets will be accepted between March 15 and 26 April 26 this year. There is no advantage to submitting an application on the first day or the last day.
You may also want to watch:
For sessions where demand exceeds supply, London 2012 will use an automated and random selection process.
Payment will be taken from all successful applicants between May 10 and June 10 2011, and people will be notified of any tickets they have been allocated by June 24.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing