On your marks: London Olympic schedule released
The London Olympic schedule is today released, revealing where our top sportsmen and women hope to win medals in the ‘Greatest Show on Earth’.
Though the spectacular opening ceremony at Stratford Olympic Stadium on July 27 kicks off the 19-day Games, the football tournament starts a few days earlier.
In all 26 sports will be contested over the Summer of 2011 and among the first will be the boxing and table tennis at ExCeL in the Royal Docks. The venue will also host fencing, judo and weightlifting among others.
around 8.8 million tickets will be available for the Olympics and a further two million for the Paralympics.
Applications for Olympic Games tickets will be accepted between March 15 and 26 April 26 this year. There is no advantage to submitting an application on the first day or the last day.
You may also want to watch:
For sessions where demand exceeds supply, London 2012 will use an automated and random selection process.
Payment will be taken from all successful applicants between May 10 and June 10 2011, and people will be notified of any tickets they have been allocated by June 24.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19