On your marks: London Olympic schedule released
The London Olympic schedule is today released, revealing where our top sportsmen and women hope to win medals in the ‘Greatest Show on Earth’.
Though the spectacular opening ceremony at Stratford Olympic Stadium on July 27 kicks off the 19-day Games, the football tournament starts a few days earlier.
In all 26 sports will be contested over the Summer of 2011 and among the first will be the boxing and table tennis at ExCeL in the Royal Docks. The venue will also host fencing, judo and weightlifting among others.
around 8.8 million tickets will be available for the Olympics and a further two million for the Paralympics.
Applications for Olympic Games tickets will be accepted between March 15 and 26 April 26 this year. There is no advantage to submitting an application on the first day or the last day.
You may also want to watch:
For sessions where demand exceeds supply, London 2012 will use an automated and random selection process.
Payment will be taken from all successful applicants between May 10 and June 10 2011, and people will be notified of any tickets they have been allocated by June 24.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections