Olympic Stadium will be wrapped in eco-friendly UV fabric curtain
The wraps are off one of London Olympic’s big secrets... the design of the �fabric curtain that will encircle the �stadium.
The Wrap, to give it its official name, will comprise of 336 individual panels – each 25m high and 2.5m wide –to help the stadium become the stand-out visual centre piece of the Olympic Park.
It will be eco-friendly right down to the ink colouring which will be UV-curable. It should be completed by next spring and will also mask the arena’s tubular superstructure.
Games organisers LOCOG revealed Dow Chemical Company as the makers and they are meeting the �7m costs.
Using their own resins that need �fewer raw materials to manufacture, Dow’s panels will be much lighter than those made from conventional material and have a lower carbon footprint.
You may also want to watch:
LOCOG chairman Sebastian Coe said the stadium will look spectacular and the wrap is “the icing on the cake.”
Dow’s George Hamilton said: “Our goal is to provide solutions that help make the Olympic Games more sustainable, safer and that will help improve performance.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term