Olympic Stadium will be wrapped in eco-friendly UV fabric curtain
The wraps are off one of London Olympic’s big secrets... the design of the �fabric curtain that will encircle the �stadium.
The Wrap, to give it its official name, will comprise of 336 individual panels – each 25m high and 2.5m wide –to help the stadium become the stand-out visual centre piece of the Olympic Park.
It will be eco-friendly right down to the ink colouring which will be UV-curable. It should be completed by next spring and will also mask the arena’s tubular superstructure.
Games organisers LOCOG revealed Dow Chemical Company as the makers and they are meeting the �7m costs.
Using their own resins that need �fewer raw materials to manufacture, Dow’s panels will be much lighter than those made from conventional material and have a lower carbon footprint.
You may also want to watch:
LOCOG chairman Sebastian Coe said the stadium will look spectacular and the wrap is “the icing on the cake.”
Dow’s George Hamilton said: “Our goal is to provide solutions that help make the Olympic Games more sustainable, safer and that will help improve performance.”
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking