Olympic Stadium will be wrapped in eco-friendly UV fabric curtain
The wraps are off one of London Olympic’s big secrets... the design of the �fabric curtain that will encircle the �stadium.
The Wrap, to give it its official name, will comprise of 336 individual panels – each 25m high and 2.5m wide –to help the stadium become the stand-out visual centre piece of the Olympic Park.
It will be eco-friendly right down to the ink colouring which will be UV-curable. It should be completed by next spring and will also mask the arena’s tubular superstructure.
Games organisers LOCOG revealed Dow Chemical Company as the makers and they are meeting the �7m costs.
Using their own resins that need �fewer raw materials to manufacture, Dow’s panels will be much lighter than those made from conventional material and have a lower carbon footprint.
You may also want to watch:
LOCOG chairman Sebastian Coe said the stadium will look spectacular and the wrap is “the icing on the cake.”
Dow’s George Hamilton said: “Our goal is to provide solutions that help make the Olympic Games more sustainable, safer and that will help improve performance.”
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 7 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys