Next stop on tour for Stratford’s Olympic gospel choir
Talented young gospel singers from five Olympic boroughs will be giving their next performance in Hackney.
The Stratford-based community project, entitled Vocal Aspiration, have been touring schools in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Hackney, and Greenwich in a series of community and school workshops, including at Royal Docks Community School in Custom House and St Mark’s Community Centre in Beckton.
Planning three live music performances, Vocal Aspiration’s debut was at the University of East London’s Docklands Campus and their final performance will be at Proud in the 02 Arena in Greenwich.
The project won a Transformers grant, as well as securing funding from the National Lotter and Olympic Lottery Distributor and support from the East London Business Alliance.
Their next performance will be at the Stoke Newington Town Hall, Hackney, on July 18 at 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �5 on entry.
- 1 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 4 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 5 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 6 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 7 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton on the six game winless run
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery