Next stop on tour for Stratford’s Olympic gospel choir
Talented young gospel singers from five Olympic boroughs will be giving their next performance in Hackney.
The Stratford-based community project, entitled Vocal Aspiration, have been touring schools in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Hackney, and Greenwich in a series of community and school workshops, including at Royal Docks Community School in Custom House and St Mark’s Community Centre in Beckton.
Planning three live music performances, Vocal Aspiration’s debut was at the University of East London’s Docklands Campus and their final performance will be at Proud in the 02 Arena in Greenwich.
The project won a Transformers grant, as well as securing funding from the National Lotter and Olympic Lottery Distributor and support from the East London Business Alliance.
Their next performance will be at the Stoke Newington Town Hall, Hackney, on July 18 at 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �5 on entry.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election