Newham residents urged to attend Remembrance services
Residents are invited by Newham Council to commemorate those who gave their lives, at a series of Remembrance Sunday events across the borough.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales will be attending a service at East Ham Cenotaph, Central Park, High Street South on November 10. Guests are asked to arrive at Newham Town Hall, Barking Road, from 10.15am for a 10.30am procession.
Members from the Royal British Legion will parade from High Street South to Central Park where the ceremony is scheduled to take place at the Cenotaph at 10.55am.
Councillor Amarjit Singh, Chair of Council, will be attending a service led by Reverend Stennett Kirby at All Saints West Ham Parish Church, Church Street. The service will commence at 10.40am. Guests are asked to be seated for 10.30am.
Deputy Mayor, Councillor Lester Hudson, will be attending a service taking place at St Mark’s Memorial, Factory Road, which is in the grounds of Brick Lane Music Hall, North Woolwich. The ceremony is scheduled to take place at 10.55am.
You may also want to watch:
Members from the Royal British Legion will parade from the Royal British Legion Branch in Constance Street to Factory Road, North Woolwich, at 10.20am.
Councillor Bryan Collier, Deputy Chair of the Council will be attending a service led by Reverend Emeka Ejinkonye at St Luke’s Memorial, Tarling Road, Canning Town. The service will be commencing from 10.30am.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 8 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
Sir Robin said: “Remembrance Sunday is a day to reflect on the thousands of men and women who put their lives at risk to fight for their country and died for the freedom of others.
“We remember those from generations past as well as those who continue to fall in conflicts and wars. We must never forget what they have done for us.”