New hotel opens on Westfield site
A major new hotel on the Westfield Stratford City site is now open to the public after a �25 million investment, creating 85 jobs for Newham residents.
Opened in time to capitalise on the London 2012 Olympics, the 267-bedroom Premier Inn London Stratford was officially launched on Wednesday September 21st at 4 International Square, Westfield Stratford City.
The purple ribbon was cut by West Ham MP Lyn Brown, Whitbread managing director Patrick Dempsey and Whitbread chairman Anthony Habgood.
West Ham MP Lyn Brown said: “I was delighted to be here today at the opening of this very swish brand new Premier Inn – I absolutely love the panoramic views of the Olympic site the hotel offers.
“I was struck by how impressive the management team is here, however, the thing I was most impressed by was that Premier Inn has hired local people and a total of 85 Newham residents now work at this hotel.
You may also want to watch:
“This commitment by Premier Inn to Newham and regeneration of the area warmly welcomed.”
The new hotel cost a cool �25 million to build and each room will cater for two adults and two children and there is an All You Can Eat restaurant facility.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
Managing director Patrick Dempsey said: “Premier Inn London Stratford is an outstanding 267 bedroom hotel in one of the best locations in London.
“We are right in the middle of Europe’s biggest shopping centre, adjacent the Olympic Stadium and six minutes by high speed train from St Pancras.”