New hotel opens on Westfield site
A major new hotel on the Westfield Stratford City site is now open to the public after a �25 million investment, creating 85 jobs for Newham residents.
Opened in time to capitalise on the London 2012 Olympics, the 267-bedroom Premier Inn London Stratford was officially launched on Wednesday September 21st at 4 International Square, Westfield Stratford City.
The purple ribbon was cut by West Ham MP Lyn Brown, Whitbread managing director Patrick Dempsey and Whitbread chairman Anthony Habgood.
West Ham MP Lyn Brown said: “I was delighted to be here today at the opening of this very swish brand new Premier Inn – I absolutely love the panoramic views of the Olympic site the hotel offers.
“I was struck by how impressive the management team is here, however, the thing I was most impressed by was that Premier Inn has hired local people and a total of 85 Newham residents now work at this hotel.
You may also want to watch:
“This commitment by Premier Inn to Newham and regeneration of the area warmly welcomed.”
The new hotel cost a cool �25 million to build and each room will cater for two adults and two children and there is an All You Can Eat restaurant facility.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
Managing director Patrick Dempsey said: “Premier Inn London Stratford is an outstanding 267 bedroom hotel in one of the best locations in London.
“We are right in the middle of Europe’s biggest shopping centre, adjacent the Olympic Stadium and six minutes by high speed train from St Pancras.”