MTV bosses choose East Ham caterer Nuzhat Ahmed
East Ham cookery demonstrator Nuzhat Ahmed has won an exclusive contract to cater for the producers of MTV, beating off competition from across the UK.
Nuzhat, from Mitcham Road, was one of 20 amateur chefs to be approached by Tom Thurlow, producer of MTV online comedy The Freshers, to send a selection of dishes to the editing studio in Gloucestershire.
Tom was so enamoured with Nuzhat’s dishes, he offered her 12-month contract to cater for the production team until 2013.
Nuzhat, 50, said: “I was totally gobsmacked when the show’s producer offered me the contract.
“Working with The Freshers on an on-going basis will be an exciting step in my career, and I can’t wait to get started.”
You may also want to watch:
Born in Pakistan, Nuzhat was raised on a diet of homemade locally-sourced food and she was taught how to cook by her mother and grandmother.
She has lived in England for over 30 years now and her Anglo-Pakistani dishes have been described as “utterly mouthwatering” and “totally scrumptious.”
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
Nuzhat started writing her first cookbook “Nuzhat’s Classic Recipes” 20 years ago and perfected the dishes for publication last year.
She says her recipes are designed to be accessible to everyone and easy to cook within 60 minutes.
Tom said: “Working with Nuzhat was a pleasure, and I’m pleased to say that she is now the sole chef for The Freshers.
“The next series of the show is not until late 2012, so she’s got plenty of time to prepare.”
Nuzhat’s Classic Recipes is available from Amazon for �10.95.