Join a cast of 10,000 in greatest show on earth
The books are now open to find the adults who will entertain the world at next summer’s Olympic Games ceremonies.
Dancers, actors, percussionists and all-round performers are invited to apply for these once-in-a-lifetime shows.
Artistic directors Danny Boyle and Kim Gavin will recruit around 10,000 volunteers to fill roles in the spectacular opening and closing events, who will perform in front of a packed Olympic Stadium and a worldwide broadcast audience of more than one billion people.
Applicants will attend at least two auditions, evenings and weekends in November and early
Then it will by up to two or three rehearsal sessions each week of up to four hours per session from next March, and some all-day rehearsals in the three weeks leading up to each ceremony. All rehearsals are in east London.
Bill Morris, director of Games ceremonies for the London 2012 organisers, said significant commitment is needed to do deliver ceremonies of the scale envisaged.
The applicants need lots of enthusiasm, personality, a positive attitude, huge amounts of energy and a willingness to perform in front of a huge stadium audience.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 6 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 7 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 8 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
To be eligible applicants must be aged 18 or older on March 1 2012.
If more than 15,000 applications are received, a computerised draw will be used to randomly create the shortlist for auditions.
* For information and to register interest applicants should visit www.london2012.com/ceremoniescasting. The deadline is August 31 and it is not a first come first served process.