Join a cast of 10,000 in greatest show on earth
The books are now open to find the adults who will entertain the world at next summer’s Olympic Games ceremonies.
Dancers, actors, percussionists and all-round performers are invited to apply for these once-in-a-lifetime shows.
Artistic directors Danny Boyle and Kim Gavin will recruit around 10,000 volunteers to fill roles in the spectacular opening and closing events, who will perform in front of a packed Olympic Stadium and a worldwide broadcast audience of more than one billion people.
Applicants will attend at least two auditions, evenings and weekends in November and early
Then it will by up to two or three rehearsal sessions each week of up to four hours per session from next March, and some all-day rehearsals in the three weeks leading up to each ceremony. All rehearsals are in east London.
You may also want to watch:
Bill Morris, director of Games ceremonies for the London 2012 organisers, said significant commitment is needed to do deliver ceremonies of the scale envisaged.
The applicants need lots of enthusiasm, personality, a positive attitude, huge amounts of energy and a willingness to perform in front of a huge stadium audience.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
To be eligible applicants must be aged 18 or older on March 1 2012.
If more than 15,000 applications are received, a computerised draw will be used to randomly create the shortlist for auditions.
* For information and to register interest applicants should visit www.london2012.com/ceremoniescasting. The deadline is August 31 and it is not a first come first served process.