Former Newham couple search for bridesmaids for 50th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A couple planning to celebrate their Golden Wedding are trying to track down the bridesmaids who helped make their big day such a special occasion.
Sandra Baker and Malcolm Benjamin got married at St John’s Church in Stratford Broadway on June 5 1965. The couple, who lived in Stratford, had six bridesmaids.
They have since lost touch with five of them and are now appealing to readers to help track them down.
Malcolm, said : “It is our Golden Wedding Anniversary in 2015 and we would like to see them again, especially when some of them were between six and eight years old, and are now grandmothers themselves.
“The only bridesmaid we are in contact with is the third girl from the left. We remembered the names of two of the other girls - (bridesmaids photo) the second girl from the left is Valerie Bush and the fourth girl from the left is her sister Carol Bush.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who now live in Clacton, are planning to mark their 50th wedding anniversary with a function at a hall in Stanway near Colchester.
If you are one of the bridesmaids, or know them, Malcolm wants to hear from you. You can call him on 01255 422065 or email him at email@example.com.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum