Former Newham couple search for bridesmaids for 50th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A couple planning to celebrate their Golden Wedding are trying to track down the bridesmaids who helped make their big day such a special occasion.
Sandra Baker and Malcolm Benjamin got married at St John’s Church in Stratford Broadway on June 5 1965. The couple, who lived in Stratford, had six bridesmaids.
They have since lost touch with five of them and are now appealing to readers to help track them down.
Malcolm, said : “It is our Golden Wedding Anniversary in 2015 and we would like to see them again, especially when some of them were between six and eight years old, and are now grandmothers themselves.
“The only bridesmaid we are in contact with is the third girl from the left. We remembered the names of two of the other girls - (bridesmaids photo) the second girl from the left is Valerie Bush and the fourth girl from the left is her sister Carol Bush.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who now live in Clacton, are planning to mark their 50th wedding anniversary with a function at a hall in Stanway near Colchester.
If you are one of the bridesmaids, or know them, Malcolm wants to hear from you. You can call him on 01255 422065 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 6 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 7 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 8 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery