Five generations to celebrate festive season
Christmas is, as has been said many times, is a time for family. And this year, the festive season will be just that bit extra special for one family.
Five generations will be getting together under one roof to celebrate Christmas.
Helen Patient, of Church Street, Stratford, heads up the gathering just before her 98th birthday in February.
Joining her will be her daughter Vicky Toghill; granddaughter Nicola Emerson; great grandson Vincent Samuels and her great great granddaughter Laila Samuels.
It is recent birth of baby Laila, on November 5, that has ushered in a new generation.
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Emerson said they were “over the moon” when they realised that Vincent’s girlfriend was expecting a baby, particularly at the prospect that her gran Helen would be alive to see the child.
Nicola said “My nan is really well although she is starting to get a bit forgetful.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
“She was brilliant, I mean we practically grew up at Nan’s. She lived in Dirlington Road, in Stratford and we lived in Abbey Road. She brought us up because mum went to work. She used to pick us up (from school) and we’d have dinner. Me and my brother Glen we were always at my Nan’s.”