‘Digital water feature’ will be centrepiece at Stratford’s Westfield centre
THIS is the first glimpse of the iconic centrepiece planned for the new Westfield Stratford City shopping centre.
Bosses have commissioned installation artist Jason Bruges to create the piece, dubbed the Digital Fountain.
It will mimic the appearance of running water through a trick of the light.
Mr Bruges, who has created the work with members of his Old Street studio, said: “I am excited to be creating the world’s first digital water feature at Westfield Stratford City.
“This ground-breaking sculpture will contribute to Westfield’s ambitious plans for combining art and culture with world class public spaces at the new development.”
You may also want to watch:
Keith Whitmore, Westfield’s head of design and construction, added: “Art, design and culture are critical pillars in the creation of Westfield Stratford City and will be woven through the fabric of the development.
“We are proud to have been able to commission such an acclaimed artist as Jason Bruges and are confident that his striking work will be enjoyed by millions of visitors for years to come, including the 70 per cent of Olympic spectators who will travel through Westfield Stratford City en route to the 2012 Games venues.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
The new centre, situated adjacent to the Olympic Park, is due to open in September.