‘Digital water feature’ will be centrepiece at Stratford’s Westfield centre
THIS is the first glimpse of the iconic centrepiece planned for the new Westfield Stratford City shopping centre.
Bosses have commissioned installation artist Jason Bruges to create the piece, dubbed the Digital Fountain.
It will mimic the appearance of running water through a trick of the light.
Mr Bruges, who has created the work with members of his Old Street studio, said: “I am excited to be creating the world’s first digital water feature at Westfield Stratford City.
“This ground-breaking sculpture will contribute to Westfield’s ambitious plans for combining art and culture with world class public spaces at the new development.”
You may also want to watch:
Keith Whitmore, Westfield’s head of design and construction, added: “Art, design and culture are critical pillars in the creation of Westfield Stratford City and will be woven through the fabric of the development.
“We are proud to have been able to commission such an acclaimed artist as Jason Bruges and are confident that his striking work will be enjoyed by millions of visitors for years to come, including the 70 per cent of Olympic spectators who will travel through Westfield Stratford City en route to the 2012 Games venues.”
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
The new centre, situated adjacent to the Olympic Park, is due to open in September.