Diamond Jubilee: community spirit at St Stephen’s Primary, East Ham
The weather held out for a Diamond Jubilee picnic with some very special guests in East Ham.
Pupils at St Stephen’s Primary School, in Whitfield Road, enjoyed jam sandwiches and other traditional picnicing fare in the grounds.
They had their faces painted and made crowns so they too could be a King or Queen for the day.
Royalty was a big part of St Stephen’s Jubilee celebrations and they were also visited by Cockney favourites the Pearly Kings and Queens of Newham.
Proving that a proper celebration involves all the community, parents of the pupils pulled together to make bunting for the event.
You may also want to watch:
Special appearances were also made by local firefighters and policemen who came to join in the festivities.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing