Canning Town library and pay services now open
A refurbished Canning Town library now offers a wider range of services after a �200,000 refurbishment the council say.
It is intended to provide quicker access to services in one location in a cleaner, brighter environment.
The council’s cash office in Canning Town will close to cut costs.
Executive member for customer services Councillor Andrew Baikie said new ways for residents to carry out transactions from fewer buildings will mean the council can save money pledged to protecting frontline services.
With guidance on money management available, visitors can pay rent and council tax using Allpay cards and by telephone.
You may also want to watch:
More information, including alternative payment methods at: www.newham.gov.uk/payit.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 8 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 9 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
- 10 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response