Canning Town library and pay services now open
A refurbished Canning Town library now offers a wider range of services after a �200,000 refurbishment the council say.
It is intended to provide quicker access to services in one location in a cleaner, brighter environment.
The council’s cash office in Canning Town will close to cut costs.
Executive member for customer services Councillor Andrew Baikie said new ways for residents to carry out transactions from fewer buildings will mean the council can save money pledged to protecting frontline services.
With guidance on money management available, visitors can pay rent and council tax using Allpay cards and by telephone.
More information, including alternative payment methods at: www.newham.gov.uk/payit.
- 1 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Fire breaks out in Canning Town house
- 4 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 5 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 6 Police investigate fire at derelict Forest Gate church
- 7 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 8 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 9 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 10 Fornals: West Ham will fight for three points