Canning Town library and pay services now open
A refurbished Canning Town library now offers a wider range of services after a �200,000 refurbishment the council say.
It is intended to provide quicker access to services in one location in a cleaner, brighter environment.
The council’s cash office in Canning Town will close to cut costs.
Executive member for customer services Councillor Andrew Baikie said new ways for residents to carry out transactions from fewer buildings will mean the council can save money pledged to protecting frontline services.
With guidance on money management available, visitors can pay rent and council tax using Allpay cards and by telephone.
You may also want to watch:
More information, including alternative payment methods at: www.newham.gov.uk/payit.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week