Canning Town library and pay services now open
A refurbished Canning Town library now offers a wider range of services after a �200,000 refurbishment the council say.
It is intended to provide quicker access to services in one location in a cleaner, brighter environment.
The council’s cash office in Canning Town will close to cut costs.
Executive member for customer services Councillor Andrew Baikie said new ways for residents to carry out transactions from fewer buildings will mean the council can save money pledged to protecting frontline services.
With guidance on money management available, visitors can pay rent and council tax using Allpay cards and by telephone.
You may also want to watch:
More information, including alternative payment methods at: www.newham.gov.uk/payit.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 6 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station