Britain’s Got Talent’s United We Stand to perform at Stratford Centre
Stratford dancers United We Stand have set their sights on reaching the live semi-finals of Britain’s Got Talent.
The 10-member group wowed judges Simon Cowell, Alesha Dixon, David Walliams and Carmen Electra when they performed on the ITV1 show.
And they have pledged to use their �500,000 prize money, if they are successful, to develop a community centre in Stratford.
Choreographer Tashan Muir said they wanted to put their turn in the spotlight to good use.
He said: “We have performed in dance competitions across Europe but we always want to go back to our roots.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to give the youth of Stratford the chances that we have had.”
United We Stand will kick off a mini-tour of Newham on Monday with a performance at the Stratford Centre at 1pm.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
They will then tour the borough’s schools on Tuesday before appearing at the University of East London’s Stratford and Docklands campuses.
The dancers are no strangers to TV talent shows, reaching the final stages of Sky 1’s Got to Dance earlier this year as Unity UK.