Britain’s Got Talent’s United We Stand to perform at Stratford Centre
Stratford dancers United We Stand have set their sights on reaching the live semi-finals of Britain’s Got Talent.
The 10-member group wowed judges Simon Cowell, Alesha Dixon, David Walliams and Carmen Electra when they performed on the ITV1 show.
And they have pledged to use their �500,000 prize money, if they are successful, to develop a community centre in Stratford.
Choreographer Tashan Muir said they wanted to put their turn in the spotlight to good use.
He said: “We have performed in dance competitions across Europe but we always want to go back to our roots.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to give the youth of Stratford the chances that we have had.”
United We Stand will kick off a mini-tour of Newham on Monday with a performance at the Stratford Centre at 1pm.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
They will then tour the borough’s schools on Tuesday before appearing at the University of East London’s Stratford and Docklands campuses.
The dancers are no strangers to TV talent shows, reaching the final stages of Sky 1’s Got to Dance earlier this year as Unity UK.