Britain’s Got Talent’s United We Stand to perform at Stratford Centre
Stratford dancers United We Stand have set their sights on reaching the live semi-finals of Britain’s Got Talent.
The 10-member group wowed judges Simon Cowell, Alesha Dixon, David Walliams and Carmen Electra when they performed on the ITV1 show.
And they have pledged to use their �500,000 prize money, if they are successful, to develop a community centre in Stratford.
Choreographer Tashan Muir said they wanted to put their turn in the spotlight to good use.
He said: “We have performed in dance competitions across Europe but we always want to go back to our roots.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to give the youth of Stratford the chances that we have had.”
United We Stand will kick off a mini-tour of Newham on Monday with a performance at the Stratford Centre at 1pm.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
They will then tour the borough’s schools on Tuesday before appearing at the University of East London’s Stratford and Docklands campuses.
The dancers are no strangers to TV talent shows, reaching the final stages of Sky 1’s Got to Dance earlier this year as Unity UK.