Brick Lane Music Hall named Most Friendly Tourist Attraction
- Credit: Archant
The founder of the Brick Lane Music Hall broke the happy news on stage at the weekend that the theatre had won a national tourism award.
Vincent Hayes announced to his audience at the Silvertown entertainment venue that it had been crowned The Most Friendly Tourist Attraction in the UK by coach groups.
Brick Lane Music Hall was also voted runner up for Best UK Tourist Attraction at the UK Coach Awards ceremony at Alton Towers on Saturday April 20.
The theatre was represented on the night by Sue and Charlie Talks whose daughter Joni was singing on stage as the results were announced.
Vincent said: “I knew we had been shortlisted for the award, but really thought that was amazing enough.
You may also want to watch:
“I honestly never in a million years expected to win, as we were up against such major competition.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings