Brick Lane Music Hall named Most Friendly Tourist Attraction
- Credit: Archant
The founder of the Brick Lane Music Hall broke the happy news on stage at the weekend that the theatre had won a national tourism award.
Vincent Hayes announced to his audience at the Silvertown entertainment venue that it had been crowned The Most Friendly Tourist Attraction in the UK by coach groups.
Brick Lane Music Hall was also voted runner up for Best UK Tourist Attraction at the UK Coach Awards ceremony at Alton Towers on Saturday April 20.
The theatre was represented on the night by Sue and Charlie Talks whose daughter Joni was singing on stage as the results were announced.
Vincent said: “I knew we had been shortlisted for the award, but really thought that was amazing enough.
You may also want to watch:
“I honestly never in a million years expected to win, as we were up against such major competition.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 6 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel