Brick Lane Music Hall named Most Friendly Tourist Attraction
- Credit: Archant
The founder of the Brick Lane Music Hall broke the happy news on stage at the weekend that the theatre had won a national tourism award.
Vincent Hayes announced to his audience at the Silvertown entertainment venue that it had been crowned The Most Friendly Tourist Attraction in the UK by coach groups.
Brick Lane Music Hall was also voted runner up for Best UK Tourist Attraction at the UK Coach Awards ceremony at Alton Towers on Saturday April 20.
The theatre was represented on the night by Sue and Charlie Talks whose daughter Joni was singing on stage as the results were announced.
Vincent said: “I knew we had been shortlisted for the award, but really thought that was amazing enough.
You may also want to watch:
“I honestly never in a million years expected to win, as we were up against such major competition.”
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation