Appeal to identify First World War soldier and family pictured in Plaistow
- Credit: The Army Children Archive
Do you recognise the family in this photo?
Taken in Plaistow during the First World War, it has been released by the Army Children Archive as part of a project to share the lives, stories and impact on people during the war.
Little is known about the family, which consists of two girls and their soldier father.
The father’s badge cap is visible but its details cannot be made out.
The name of the photography studio, AJ Hilder, is written on the bottom of the photo.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the Army Children Archive said that it would be “fascinating” to know more about the family.
For more information on the project, to see other pictures released by the archive and to get in touch if you recognise the family, visit archhistory.co.uk
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross