Appeal to identify First World War soldier and family pictured in Plaistow
- Credit: The Army Children Archive
Do you recognise the family in this photo?
Taken in Plaistow during the First World War, it has been released by the Army Children Archive as part of a project to share the lives, stories and impact on people during the war.
Little is known about the family, which consists of two girls and their soldier father.
The father’s badge cap is visible but its details cannot be made out.
The name of the photography studio, AJ Hilder, is written on the bottom of the photo.
A spokeswoman for the Army Children Archive said that it would be “fascinating” to know more about the family.
For more information on the project, to see other pictures released by the archive and to get in touch if you recognise the family, visit archhistory.co.uk
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure