Appeal to identify First World War soldier and family pictured in Plaistow
- Credit: The Army Children Archive
Do you recognise the family in this photo?
Taken in Plaistow during the First World War, it has been released by the Army Children Archive as part of a project to share the lives, stories and impact on people during the war.
Little is known about the family, which consists of two girls and their soldier father.
The father’s badge cap is visible but its details cannot be made out.
The name of the photography studio, AJ Hilder, is written on the bottom of the photo.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the Army Children Archive said that it would be “fascinating” to know more about the family.
For more information on the project, to see other pictures released by the archive and to get in touch if you recognise the family, visit archhistory.co.uk
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp