18th Century ship at ExCeL boat show
Visitors to next year’s Boat Show will get a rare chance to scale the rigging from an 18th century Man O’War.
Visitors to next year’s Boat Show will get a rare chance to scale the rigging from an 18th Century Man O’War.
In a first for the Tullett Prebon London Boat Show, organisers will be bringing 18th Century, HMS Victory. The fully rigged section of mast carrying the fore topgallant yardarm of Nelson’s flagship will tower above the Show as the centrepiece of the ever-popular Classic Boat attraction in association with Teamac Marine Paints.
Usually found 150 feet above the deck, this impressive attraction will allow visitors to climb up the rigging to truly experience what it is like to be aloft on an 18th century Man O’War under the watchful supervision of the National Museum of the Royal Navy at Portsmouth.
Take advantage of this rare opportunity to learn about the history of this famous vessel and watch live demonstrations about the use of several remarkable artefacts which have been extracted from the ship while under refit in Portsmouth’s naval dockyard.
You may also want to watch:
To add to the flavour of this genuine article from HMS Victory, as well as bringing and rigging this iconic ship’s yardarms, sailors from the National Museum of the Royal Navy at Portsmouth will be providing visitors with the opportunity to explore a reconstructed traditional boatyard’s workshop. Take advantage of the educational opportunities on offer in the boatyard workshop to absorb an invaluable insight from sailors.
From 6 – 15 January 2012, London’s biggest and best-loved boating experience, the Tullett Prebon London Boat Show, returns to ExCeL London giving visitors the chance to see the first glimpse of the newest boats being unveiled to the World.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
Whether visitors are considering a summer sailing holiday, planning to fulfil their dream and invest in one of the 1,000 boats on display, or buy the latest innovative gadgets, clothing and equipment , a visit to this Show is a great way to start the season.
The 2012 Tullett Prebon London Boat Show is being held at ExCeL London which is just 20 minutes from London Waterloo and has over 2,500 car parking spaces on site.
Adult tickets can be purchased in advance of the Show from just �16, with two children going free with each paying adult.
For the last four days of the Show, you will also be able to enjoy the London Bike Show, Outdoors Show and Active Travel Show at ExCeL with your Tullett Prebon London Boat Show ticket. http://www.theoutdoorsshow.co.uk/.
Visitors can keep updated on Show news and developments and book tickets via the Tullett Prebon London Boat Show website www.londonboatshow.com or call the ticket hotline on 0871 230 7140.