Quotes of the Week: Vermaelen, Redknapp, Pardew and more
PUBLISHED: 20:16 21 December 2012 | UPDATED: 20:29 21 December 2012
With another week gone, London24 takes a look back at the best quotes of the week, from the interesting, to the funny, to the bizarre.
"In the league it is not going that bad. What happened at Bradford [in the Capital One Cup] was a big disappointment.
"You want to win those games as well. At the moment we are chasing the top four."
"He played as a striker today and I think he did well.
"He is quick and got behind the defenders and scored as well.
"We want him to stay. Something has been going on with the player and the club.
"Hes been invaluable for us when he played. I hope he can stay."
"They are nice guys. They gave me a lot of good advice and analogies to start this game. We are a good crew."
"You get agents ringing you up offering you players. 95 per cent of them are useless. The odd five per cent are okay so you look at them."
"Maybe we'll have a straight swap with [Lionel] Messi. We'll do a deal."
"He's grown up a bit now, he's better than what he was. He was a complete fruitcake when he was at Tottenham."
"He can be a bit of a nut at times but his heart is in the right place."
"Sometimes the opposition team think theyre through against the defence but 'bang!' - he comes back.
"Santi's case was inexplicable. It was a time of acute crisis in the club. The departure of Cazorla at the time and at the amount that was agreed was a blunder."
"It is a tough situation for me personally because I really like Palace, but it is my job to help Huddersfield Town gain three points. For one day only I will be rooting against them."
"It's going to be mayhem here and in Mumbai in the next game, and performing under pressure is what the selectors want to see. If we can do that it can nudge us up the list."
"We would rather play on Boxing Day. Its very unusual.
"I do not know what Im going to do with myself. It's very unusual in terms as how things happened."
"I wouldnt enjoy it [my Christmas dinner] if we got a draw either."
- Quotes of the week: Davids, Bresnan, Jol, AVB, Shittu and more
- Quotes of the Week: Pretty wingers, Parent wrestling, messy lockers and more
- Quotes of the Week: Di Matteo sacking, Benitez on Abramovich and old Chelsea comments, Spurs fan on Rome attack and more
- Quotes of the Week: Redknapp on idiots plus Holloway, Barton & more
- Quotes of the Week: Redknapp, Friedel, Wenger, Forde and more
- Quotes of the Week: Wenger, Redknapp, Lampard and more...
- Click here for the latest sports news from around the capital
- Follow London24 Sport on Twitter for breaking news and updates
- Arsenal Latest - Opinionated blogs from Gunners fans
- All the very latest Arsenal news, features and opinion here
- Click here for the latest Arsenal transfer news
- All the very latest Chelsea news, features and opinion here.
- Click here for all the latest Chelsea transfer news
- All the latest Fulham news, features and opinion here
- Click here for all the latest Fulham transfer news
- Click here for all the latest QPR news, features and opinion
- Click here for the latest QPR transfer news
- Click here for the latest Tottenham news, features and opinion
- Click here for the latest Tottenham transfer news
- Click here for all the latest West Ham news, features and opinion
- Click here for all the latest transfer news
- Click here for all the latest Charlton, news, features and opinion
- Click here for the latest Crystal Palace news, features and opinion
- All the latest Millwall news, features and opinion here
- BIAS: Brentford Independent Association of Supporters
- Click here for all the latest Brentford news, features and opinion
- Click here for the latest AFC Wimbledon news, views and opinion
- Click here for the latest Barnet news, features and opinion