Quotes of the week: Davids, Bresnan, Jol, AVB, Shittu and more
PUBLISHED: 17:11 09 November 2012 | UPDATED: 01:33 10 November 2012
With another week gone London24 takes a look at some of the funny, bizarre and controversial things said by sportsmen.
"A lot of people come in and want to check a lot of things and if you look at AVB at Chelsea - some things you can’t force."
Edgar Davids on his management style.
"No, we get them down at my local cricket club [in Yorkshire] all the time."
Tim Bresnan on whether it was unusual to see a group of monkeys stop play in England’s final warm-up match before the first Test against India.
"It goes in one ear and comes out the other."
Andre Villas-Boas reveals what he thought of France manager Didier Deschamps criticism.
"He's a great gaffer, not just for me but all the lads will say that about him."
Danny Shittu on Millwall manager Kenny Jackett’s five year anniversary in charge of the club.
"We are serious. We aren’t in this for sensationalism. We think the vast majority of Tottenham fans are sensible and do not engage in anti-Semitism."
Society of Black Lawyers chair Peter Herbert on Tottenham chants.
"I can't deny there are ongoing negotiations with Chelsea, but the deal isn't done yet, we still have exchange documents."
Fluminense club director Rodrigo Caetano on right back Wallace’s future.
"The referee also made a mistake, because he said there was three minutes [of injury time added] and not three minutes 30 seconds. There should not have been a corner, it would have been finished."
Shakhtar coach Mircea Lucescu on Victor Moses last-gasp winner for Chelsea in the Champions League.
"I’m glad we don't play against them every week"
Gary Cahill on Shakhtar Donetsk who outplayed Chelsea in the Champions League but still lost 3-2.
"He is a bit green and it took him a while to get going in what wasn't a strong field, but he did it well."
Jockey William Buick on Hanseatic.
"He's a good soccer player. He is a really, really nice friend, a really nice guy. I think he enjoyed my match today, and also he can hit the ball really well."
Juan Martin Del Potro on Sergio Aguero.
"I'm really upset with the board for not letting me leave. It would be good for me and also for the club."
Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham target Willian on the Shakhtar board.
"Can you expect a team like Arsenal to win things, with Chelsea, Man City, Man United, all these clubs?"
Martin Jol on Arsenal.
- Click here for the latest sports news from around the capital
- Follow London24 Sport on Twitter for breaking news and updates
- Arsenal Latest - Opinionated blogs from Gunners fans
- All the very latest Arsenal news, features and opinion here
- Click here for the latest Arsenal transfer news
- All the very latest Chelsea news, features and opinion here.
- Click here for all the latest Chelsea transfer news
- All the latest Fulham news, features and opinion here
- Click here for all the latest Fulham transfer news
- Click here for all the latest QPR news, features and opinion
- Click here for the latest QPR transfer news
- Click here for the latest Tottenham news, features and opinion
- Click here for the latest Tottenham transfer news
- Click here for all the latest West Ham news, features and opinion
- Click here for all the latest transfer news
- Click here for all the latest Charlton, news, features and opinion
- Click here for the latest Crystal Palace news, features and opinion
- All the latest Millwall news, features and opinion here
- Click here for all the latest Brentford news, features and opinion
- Click here for the latest AFC Wimbledon news, views and opinion
- Click here for the latest Barnet news, features and opinion