Orient boss Liverani weighing up January options
16:03 15 January 2015
Simon O'Connor Photography
O’s Italian manager looking at potential signings.
Leyton Orient manager Fabio Liverani admits they are still considering their options as they look to add to their squad in the January transfer window.
Liverani added to his squad last week with the permanent signing of midfielder Josh Wright and the loan return of John Lundstram from Everton.
And with another 18 days of the transfer window – which is due to close at 11pm on February 2 – Liverani is still casting his eye over several options in a bid to boost the squad.
“We are considering a number of options in terms of players in and players out but we will not make big changes to the squad,” said Liverani.
The Italian boss was infuriated that the O’s were not awarded a late penalty in Saturday’s 1-0 home loss to Fleetwood Town after Bradley Pritchard was felled in the area by Stephen Crainey.
Liverani was sent to the stand by referee Fred Graham, and while admitting he made a mistake, he felt the decision to not award a penalty was an even bigger one.
“I will talk to the club and discuss whether to appeal or not,” he added. “I admit I made a mistake by running on to the pitch but I think my mistake is smaller than the mistake from the referee.”
Leyton Orient still have a number of players out injured for the trip to Preston North End tomorrow night, but one that could play a part is Darius Henderson, who has been absent since his sending off at Port Vale with foot and knee injuries.
“The closest to a return seems to be Henderson but of course he needs to get up to full fitness first,” said Liverani.
“All the games are difficult for us. If we play like we did in the second half besides the first 30 seconds we can play on par with everyone and we are away of our strengths.”