Cuthbert keen for O’s to remain grounded ahead of Fleetwood Town test
09:30 09 January 2015
Simon O'Connor Photography
Defender eager to build on Leyton Orient’s impressive results at the end of 2014.
Leyton Orient defender Scott Cuthbert believes it will be a ‘tricky’ test against Fleetwood Town on Saturday as they a bid to make it three wins on the spin.
The O’s were without a fixture last weekend due to Bradford City’s involvement in the FA Cup third round, but will hope to continue their push away from the League One drop zone with victory over the Cod Army.
However, Cuthbert knows the O’s can ill afford to get complacent after two big wins against Crawley and Yeovil.
“Confidence is a massive thing and it was two fantastic wins for us,” said Cuthbert.
“Hopefully we can build on that. When we played them earlier on in the season they were top, so we know they are a good side who are well organised.
“They still have confidence from coming up last season. It will be tricky for us, but we know we have to remain focused and we can’t get carried away with those two wins.”
The victories have propelled the O’s two points above the relegation zone and, in a tight league, now only eight points off Sheffield United in the final play-off place.
“That’s how the league has been for several seasons now,” said Cuthbert. “It’s tight at the top and at the bottom as well.
“Fleetwood have done well so far and they will be looking to keep it up, but we want to carry on where we left off against Yeovil.”