Search

Two treated for smoke inhalation after Forest Gate kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 13:03 04 December 2017 | UPDATED: 13:03 04 December 2017

Studley Road. Picture: Google

Studley Road. Picture: Google

Google

More than a dozen firefighters tackled a flat fire believed to have been caused by a cooking pan left unattended.

Three fire engines and 15 firefighters battled a blaze in a Studley Road, Forest Gate, for nearly two hours early on Saturday morning.

A smoke alarm alerted a resident in the first floor flat of the converted terrace house to flames coming from the premises below.

The neighbour then called the London Fire Brigade, who treated two men at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Both men had left the building before firefighters arrived, LFB said.

“This was a small kitchen fire in the kitchen of a ground floor flat,” said a LFB spokesman.

“Fortunately a smoke alarm alerted the occupant of the neighbouring first floor flat to the fire.”

They added: “This incident also shows how important it is to never leave cooking unattended – if you have to leave the room or the property, turn the heat off before you do.”

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Newham Recorder visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Newham Recorder staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Newham Recorder account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Latest Newham Stories

14:00

Near neighbours have provided five players of 16-man squad between them

13:00

Coaches from Newham-based school to hold training camp for orphans in country

12:00

Teenager made mistake in build-up to second Gunners goal

The O’s boss expressed his frustration with the 1-0 loss, but provided positive news on the future of teenagers Myles Judd and Josh Koroma

Myles Judd
13:56

New research on knife crime and gangs will be shared next week in Stratford.

09:00

Hackney Wick suffered a 2-1 defeat to West Essex in their final home match of the Essex Senior League campaign.

Essex Senior League
13:30

A Forest Gate mother has accused Primark of “rewarding” a racist customer accused of refusing to be served by “black people”.

Forest Gate

A talented student from Plaistow has been offered a place at a prestigious specialist sixth form after passing a rigorous two-hour problem-solving exam and giving two impressive interviews.

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Most read news

Show Job Lists

Competitions

Having a brand new kitchen is something that lots of people want but can only dream of. Sadly keeping up to date and making our living spaces as nice as they can be is a costly and incredibly stressful business. Even a fresh coat of paint makes all the difference but isn’t easy or quick.

Read more

Who wouldn’t love the chance to go on a shopping spree. Imagine being able to walk into a shop and choose whatever your heart desires without having to worry about how much it costs.

Read more

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the
Newham Recorder
e-edition today

Subscribe

Education and Training

cover

Read the
Education and Training
e-edition today

Read Now