Search

Langton Avenue kitchen fire

09:17 17 February 2014

A fire broke out in Langton Avenue, E6, this morning

A fire broke out in Langton Avenue, E6, this morning

sub

An elderly woman has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in her kitchen this morning.

Two appliances from East Ham and Barking attended the terraced house in Langton Avenue, E6.

The woman managed to escape before firefighers arrived at about 7.18am but she has been taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.

Firefighters left the scene at about 8.35am.

Watch manager Garry Norris said: “The fire was contained to the kitchen but there is smoke damage to the rest of the building.”

Latest News Stories

Yesterday, 18:55
The power cut is causing delays between Liverpool Street and Shenfield

Trains between Liverpool Street and Shenfield are delayed this evening due to electrical supply problems at Forest Gate.

Yesterday, 17:43
108 dishes were offered to a Hindu deity (photo: Arnaud Stephenson)

Thousands of Hindus celebrated Diwali this week with ceremonies, fireworks and family fun.

Yesterday, 15:34
Angel Williams, 13 (Picture: Metropolitan Police)

A 13-year-old Romford girl who went missing last week has been found safe and well, police have confirmed.

Yesterday, 08:00
Investigators believe that a firework started the fire

A stray firework is believed to have caused a fire which completely destroyed the balcony of a Stratford block of flats.

Most read news

Biffo and Bobo better stay away from the town of Vendargues this Halloween.

As a state of emergency is declared in Burkina Faso, what does the future hold for its president and people?

It might not be moving very fast but it’s still causing problems.

After staging an Ebola-themed night, a nightclub has been forced to make an apology after hundreds complained about the tasteless event.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Newham Recorder e-edition today E-edition