Langton Avenue kitchen fire
PUBLISHED: 09:17 17 February 2014 | UPDATED: 09:17 17 February 2014
An elderly woman has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in her kitchen this morning.
Two appliances from East Ham and Barking attended the terraced house in Langton Avenue, E6.
The woman managed to escape before firefighers arrived at about 7.18am but she has been taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.
Firefighters left the scene at about 8.35am.
Watch manager Garry Norris said: “The fire was contained to the kitchen but there is smoke damage to the rest of the building.”