Search

Dine at home, help Beckton hospice

09:00 15 September 2012

Newham residents are being urged to abandon takeaways in favour of home cooked food to raise money for a children’s hospice.

Richard House Children’s Hospice is asking the great British cooking public, to set up their own Dine at Mine fundraising event.

The idea is simple: Pick a three-course meal you’d like to cook for your friends, buy the ingredients, invite everyone over and “voila” you can show off your abilities like never before.

It’s easy to raise money, too. Just ask for donations from each friend and then pass the responsibility to the next cook the following week. Suggested donations from each guest range from £10 to £25 for each meal.

Ben Alonso, community and events fundraiser at Richard House, said: “It’s so often the case that we don’t get the chance to cook properly because we’re either late home from work or we just don’t have the inclination.

“Dine at Mine will give you the chance to show that you really can cook. We all have a signature dish and we’d all like our friends to know that we can make great food.

“Do this while raising money for an amazing course. Richard House supports almost 300 families who are caring for children with a range of life-limiting and life-threatening conditions.”

You can take part in Dine at Mine at any time of the year. Call Ben on 020 7540 0230 or email him at BenA@richardhouse.org.uk for an information pack.

Latest News Stories

Yesterday, 18:55
The power cut is causing delays between Liverpool Street and Shenfield

Trains between Liverpool Street and Shenfield are delayed this evening due to electrical supply problems at Forest Gate.

Yesterday, 17:43
108 dishes were offered to a Hindu deity (photo: Arnaud Stephenson)

Thousands of Hindus celebrated Diwali this week with ceremonies, fireworks and family fun.

Yesterday, 15:34
Angel Williams, 13 (Picture: Metropolitan Police)

A 13-year-old Romford girl who went missing last week has been found safe and well, police have confirmed.

Yesterday, 08:00
Investigators believe that a firework started the fire

A stray firework is believed to have caused a fire which completely destroyed the balcony of a Stratford block of flats.

Most read news

Looking for a holiday? We know a company that are keen to flog you a trip to the land of Kim Jong-un.

Biffo and Bobo better stay away from the town of Vendargues this Halloween.

As a state of emergency is declared in Burkina Faso, what does the future hold for its president and people?

It might not be moving very fast but it’s still causing problems.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Newham Recorder e-edition today E-edition