Search

Beckton hospice gets national accreditation

10:50 21 February 2012

Richard House Children’s Hospice has been awarded prestigious national healthcare accreditation for its services.

The Beckton-based hospice has received the ‘CHKS Standard for Hospice Services’ accreditation and is one of only two in the UK to achieve the status.

CHKS is a quality assurance tool for independent organisations, which sets out a framework of standards which need to be in place to ensure the capacity to provide high quality service and to ensure that this is consistently reproducible.

Richard House was assessed on patient safety, patient experience, clinical governance, leadership and staff experience.

The accreditation, which is widely used by healthcare organisations across Europe, is valid for three years with ongoing monitoring.

Peter Ellis, hospice chief executive, said: “For voluntary sector organisations such as children’s hospices, the challenge is meeting national quality standards on a limited budget.

“Richard House has an ongoing commitment to effective governance and clear leadership which are essential to ensuring continued high quality care services for families and the wider community and retaining the confidence of donors, funders, volunteers and staff.

“It is a great tribute to our staff and recognises their contribution towards high quality care. We all feel extremely proud.”

Latest News Stories

Yesterday, 18:55
The power cut is causing delays between Liverpool Street and Shenfield

Trains between Liverpool Street and Shenfield are delayed this evening due to electrical supply problems at Forest Gate.

Yesterday, 17:43
108 dishes were offered to a Hindu deity (photo: Arnaud Stephenson)

Thousands of Hindus celebrated Diwali this week with ceremonies, fireworks and family fun.

Yesterday, 15:34
Angel Williams, 13 (Picture: Metropolitan Police)

A 13-year-old Romford girl who went missing last week has been found safe and well, police have confirmed.

Yesterday, 08:00
Investigators believe that a firework started the fire

A stray firework is believed to have caused a fire which completely destroyed the balcony of a Stratford block of flats.

Most read news

Biffo and Bobo better stay away from the town of Vendargues this Halloween.

As a state of emergency is declared in Burkina Faso, what does the future hold for its president and people?

It might not be moving very fast but it’s still causing problems.

After staging an Ebola-themed night, a nightclub has been forced to make an apology after hundreds complained about the tasteless event.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Newham Recorder e-edition today E-edition