July 28 2014 Latest news:
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Transfer news: Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente has hinted at an exit from the La Liga club, explaining how he hopes to be remembered by the Basque outfit in the wake of a bust up over missing a press conference.
Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Juventus are thought to be keen on the Spanish international, whose current deal is set to expire in June 2013, and his relationship with his boyhood club has become increasingly tumultuous.
He has already snubbed a contract extension and boss Marcelo Bielsa is alleged to have expelled the player from a training session last month.
The latest spat has seen the striker say he is tired of apologising after the Bilbao accused him of refusing to appear at a press conference, though the player said he has previously agreed to be elsewhere to conduct another interview.
“I cannot be in two places at the same time and I’ve not disobeyed anyone,” Llorente said, adding: “They only notified me as I was leaving training and as I’d already agreed to do this interview I couldn’t be in both places at once.
“I’m tired of saying sorry. I’ve had some difficult moments and at times it has got me down.
“The incidents at Lezama [training] were the most unpleasant I’ve experienced, but nevertheless I still feel wanted. For me Athletic is everything and I’ll always be grateful to them.
“I’ve had some magnificent years and I hope to be remembered as a player who gave everything when he was here.”